Thursday, August 17, 2006

Questions to Mom



Did you milk a cow when you were a little girl?
Describe your childhood bedroom, what was your view from your windows?
Are there any scents or sounds that take you instantly back to childhood?
What is your most treasured possession and why?
1 Ok. I tried to milk a cow but was not very successful at it. One reason being is that I did not like the scent of milk. You know I never drank milk when I was a child. I always gave my milk away when I was in school.
2 and 3. The view from my bedroom window was facing the gardenia bush that Mother had planted outside my window. During the time that it bloomed it smelled so good. That is one thing if I smell now, it immediately takes me back to my childhood. It really makes me think of my Grandfather's home. During the summer I usually slept at the foot of the bed so I could get a whiff of fresh air when it blew. It was so hot without air-conditioning. If I looked out the front window from my bedroom I could see the highway and flowers that were usually in bloom since Mother loved flowers. One sound that takes me back to my childhood is the sound that a whiperwheel makes when he sings or better known as a bob white. I listened to them many times when I was laying on my bed in my room. They always made me feel so sad and lonesome. I think there is a song about the lonesome whiperwheel.
4. These people are not really my possessions but they are my most treasured people. My children and grandchildren and my husband. My most treasued possession that I can think of is the ring that Mother gave me the night before she died Everytime I look at it, I think of her. I also rub it and say her name.


Thanks. Can't you just picture your mama as a little girl curled up on her bed thinking about life. I never knew that I was going to have such lovely children and grandchildren.-----
posted by DEREK @ 8:04 PM |

3 comments

<< Home