Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thinking too much again

The purpose of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out. Proverbs 20:5Lately it seems I've been doing some serious pondering. Life in general. Lessons, still learning them from day to day. "So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have" Powerful stuff huh. Yep from the bible, 2 Peter 1:12The question was once asked Who do you want to be-the critic in the stands or the man in the arena? I've been thinking about how I've been living lately. Thinking about what holds me back. Sometimes I think it's just me holding myself back. I don't want to be the critic and tell someone how they or what was done wrong. But I do find myself doing exactly that, with the person I'm supposed to be caring most for, the person that I'm supposed to be seeing the way God does. I want to be in the arena. I want a worthy cause. I want to believe in myself. I have talents that I need to dare to believe in and go after. Seems so many times I find distractions to keep me away from going after the things in life I know I need to strive for. I'm a thinker, sometimes I can't sleep for my head keeps going long after I lie down to rest. I want a stronger mind, I want a healthier body. It's all up to me. Maybe it's time for me to sit down and make a list. I also keep finding myself pulled in the past, sometimes I'm not even trying to go there, I'm pulled back by other's wanting to revisit my past. Even though I feel I've moved on with many things, I find myself right back where I once was, maybe a little differently, but still there. Life is amazing, I feel so happy and so blessed but at times I find myself in places I really don't care to be. Confusing entry now that I go back and read, maybe I need a nap. I havn't slept good since Wednesday night.
posted by DEREK @ 11:37 AM |

2 comments

<< Home