Thursday, March 02, 2006

New position

Well what's been going on in my world? I just started a new position on Monday, still with the same company I've been with for the last 13 years, but I've decided to go into sales, so far I really am enjoying it. Can't wait till my first commision check comes in. I experienced my first ashing yesterday on Ash Wednesday. I had read earlier from this http://www.rc.net/oakland/cpps/handbook.pdf#search='forty%20days%20of%20the%20cross'

I went into it not really knowing a lot about it. I knew it is about Jesus's 40 days in the wilderness. But I'd never really experienced it. I don't really know what to share with you, other than that for me it is a deceision to try and change the direction we are looking for happiness. Change and making it happen. I think about how close or how far I may feel from God. I know I want to feel closer. I guess in a way it's a journey, maybe it's just about reflecting what we are feeling, recongizing where we are on that journey. For as long as I can remember when I go back in my journals, I always every few weeks decided I was going to do some organizing and rearranging whether it be my room, my car, or something. I guess now maybe it's time I rearrange the internal furniture, what do you think.
It's about clearing your thoughts, finding quiet time through meditation and prayer to feel closer to God, cleansing of the spirit I guess. I know it is much more than that. But for me my first year celebrating it, this is what it means to me. The ash on my forehead was different.
posted by DEREK @ 8:09 AM |

0 comments

<< Home