Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Kiss


When I was a little boy there was a picture that was hidden away in a drawer in my parent's bedroom. I was known to plunder, I'm not sure how this started, but I think it came from weekend's at my Grandmother's. Alone I had reign of the entire house, no secrets so I thought, anything I found I would come back and ask questions, who's this a picture of, what is this. There were no boxes that weren't gone through, no desks that weren't scurried through. I could just about tell you where anything was. And I'm sure I learned who a lot were. So sometimes when I was alone I searched for treasure. One of the things I found was this small picture of my parents when they were young kissing. Something I don't remember them doing in front of us. Maybe two times I can remember it, but I think we made them kiss even those times. I saved this picture all these years. They have since divorced when I was in college, and both remarried, but I keep this for some reason, maybe just to remind me, remind me that once there was love enough to make us.
posted by DEREK @ 11:56 AM |

4 comments

<< Home