Friday, June 02, 2006

Ask Mama





I 'm starting a new weekly entry called Ask Mama, and may even start doing some to dad as well. My mom has always said to me, there are so many questions I wish I had asked my mother that I will never know. So once a week I'm going to send her a question about life, or her, or us, or just something in general. Thanks mom! I love you.
Question #1
What kind of day was it the day I was born? (Weather) How were you feeling? Was it hectic, crazy, pretty easy, who was with you and there to greet us after I was born? What did you think the first time you looked at my face? Did you cry? When each of us were born you probably had certain expectations for each of us, have we met those expectations?O.k. I know that's more than one question, but it's a start.

Love you
Derek

Derek
I could write a book about that day. The night before I went to the hospital I was finishing up painting your baby crib. I can remember climbing over and finishing it up. Everything was ready for you to arrive. I had clothes all neatly folded and your room smelled so good. just like a baby. just like i always did for each of you. On the day that you were born, it was very cold. As you know we lived in Atlanta. I was sound asleep when my water broke. I was scared to death. I screamed out that you were coming. Your daddy thought that I meant right then. My doctor Dr. Carter had told me that if anything happened I was to come to the hospital immediately since you were breech. I called the hospital and they told me to come on. The doctor stayed right there at the hospital the last night before you were born. As you know from me telling you about it, it took a long time for you to be born. i DID CRY. I THOUGHT YOU WERETHE MOST BEAUTIFUL CHILD I HAD EVER SEEN. YOU REALLY WERE THE PRETTIEST LITTLE BABY IN THE WORLD. I WAS SCARED TO DEATH THOUGH. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU. I WAS ALSO IN PRETTY BAD SHAPE FOR SEVERAL DAYS. MEMA, PAPA, NANA, DANNY, YOUR DADDY, AND AUNT DAPHANE WERE THERE TO GREET YOU. YOU WILL HAVE TO GET YOUR DADDY TO TELL YOU THE STORY ABOUT HER SHOWING YOUR DADDY YOUR X-RAY BEFORE YOU WERE BORN. THEY HAD TO X-RAY ME BEFORE I HAD YOU SINCE YOU WERE BREECH AND THEY WERE WORRIED THAT I COULD NOT HAVE YOU NORMALLY. YOU HAVE PROBABLY HEARD THE STORY. YOU KNOW WHEN A BABY IS INSIDE THE HEAD LOOKS SO BIG. WHEN HE SAW THE X-RAY, HE THOUGHT THAT YOU HAD A WATER HEAD.
HE DIDN'T TELL ANYONE WHAT HE WAS THINKING. HE WAS SCARED TO DEATH TOO. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY SON. YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING. I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE MY SON.


You have each met most of my expectations. I still expect something great from you. Like a book or becoming famous for your beautiful photographs. You just have an eye for the way a picture will turn out. You can draw, so I guess that helps you to picture how a photo will turn out. They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I guess that you picture the beauty in everyone because your pictures are beautiful. I love you, mama
posted by DEREK @ 7:35 AM |

4 comments

<< Home