Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Memories of Disney


Well since we went to disney this past week, thought I'd dig up some old memories and write about them.

Look, it's that famous animator and his notable cartoon rodent, pointing us all forward to this entry.

Ok, I've had quite a few experiences in Disney, first I'll tell you two on me. Back in my first year in college, I was in the show choir for Abraham Baldwin College, we sang at quite a few places, I even sang at The Crystal Pistol in Six Flags, but my first year we sang at Walt Disney for a week, we even opened up for "The Indigo Girls", but on our first day singing, we wore tux pants, a white shirts, sparkly red ties and cumberbuns. By mistake I grabbed one of the band's pants instead of mine. Well getting dressed I realized they weren't mine, and the guy who played the sax must have had two pair of pants or mine, because he was already out there playing. So I put on the tightest pair of tux pants you've ever saw. I left them unbuttoned, and put my cumberbun over the top part so you couldn't tell I had them unbuttoned. Everyone was trying to tell me it wasn't that noticeable, but I had eyes and could hardly breath. I had one solo that I was supposed to go down on one knee and sing. I can't remember the name of the song, I think it is called "Na Na Na Na Goodbye". Anyway I got down on my knees on the "He'll never love you the way that I loved you, cause if he did he wouldn't say goodbye" Do wa do. Well, the girl I was singing too was laughing hard because when I went down on my knees, my pants spllit right into, and not a little bit, the whole front crotch was split. I know everone was laughing, and the crowd seemed to get larger and larger. We sang like 4 more songs, while I felt like a castaway from some island. We didn't only sing, the whole thing was choregraphed, so just imagine doing all these moves singing with a microphone with your underwear showing, luckily I was wear black underwear. But I still remember all those teenage girls pointing at my privates.
Well that's my story, My father's amusing story at Disney World was a little worse. And I used to get spankings all the time for telling it when I was little. When I was about 12 my dad took us all to Disney on my birthday, well all of sudden we lost him, and lost him for hours. Then about 3-4 hours later he showed up wearing a change of clothes. My mom was all worried, she came up too him and he whispered something too her, and my mother screamed with laughter. My father however didn't seemed amused. We didn't stay there much longer that day. Back in the car my mom couldn't quit laughing and she blurted out what he had done. I'm sure you've all seen that commercial. "Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta Go right now!" Well that happened to my dad, but when he finally found a bathroom, he couldn't undo his belt. And the unevitable thing happened. Yep he messed up his pants. The bad thing he said was he had on a long shirt and he thought after he cleaned up as good as he could, he would just walk with his shirt over his pants and no one could tell. He would walk back to the car and change clothes. Well he actually ran into some people from our hometown and had to talk for a few minutes. He finally made it to the car and in changing clothes he found out that the shirt he thought was camafloging the mess he made was actually covered in *$$## literally. I remember after that I thought this was such a wonderful story to share with people when they came over, but after telling it only once I realized I will never tell this story again. Boy he tore my butt up. I hope I'm too old to get a whippon now. Oh well I don't think he reads this journal anyway.

O.k. since I'm writing about my old experiences. how bout you guys tell me about something, how bout your scariest amusment park ride you've ever been on?

My scariest moment was my friend Jimmy and I when we were about 8 went to an amusement park, I can't remember where but it was the ride where you sit in it and it goes up and down and all around. The only thing holding you in is this bar that goes over your waist, well mid air our bar came open and we couldn't close it, we had to hold onto the back of the seat just to keep from holding our selves in. We both thought we would die, we both were crying and screaming. The guy finallystopped the ride, and to his horror realized what had happened, they had to close the ride after that. But thank goodness we were able to hold on.
posted by DEREK @ 6:57 PM |

3 comments

<< Home