Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Revisiting them again

As many of you may know I sometimes revisit some old wounds. I try and keep my journals happy, but sometimes happy is not exactly what I'm feeling, today I've been thinking about the strength of mine that my wounds targeted. How can I learn about my strengths and identity from my wounds? Sometimes I feel I came into this world kicking and screaming, I was breach, and a part of me feels I wasn't quite ready to come back, I think I was enjoying where I was before. The scene's we're living is no sitcom, it's a battle at times. These blows we've taken, they were not random accidents at all, they hit dead center I think. The thing I was meant to be seemed to take the hardest blows. I've always had a gift of imagination, and writing words, and my art and photography. But my wounds always told me I wasn't good enough, or I was too different. I needed to be more like everyone else. Those wounds tried to take out what I was meant for. I was told many times I shouldn't go into art because I wasn't good enough. I am good enough. If it's still my dream I can go after whatever I want. On and on it goes, the wound is too well aimed and far too consistent to be accidental. It's like an attempt to take us out; to cripple or destroy our strenght and get us out of the action. I am so thankful for my supporters, my mother who always believed in me. A friend years ago when I started drawing again, made me feel talented and framed my work like they were works of art. The internet friends I've made through my journals that keep telling me tomorrow is a new day and I can make of each new day however I like. Your all blessing to me. Thank you!
posted by DEREK @ 8:58 AM |

0 comments

<< Home