Thursday, January 26, 2006

Interview by Woe

Good ole Woe at http://www.blogger.com/profile/14834282 did an interview last week from Spider, so this week Woe came up with these tough questions for me.
1. You appear to come from a very close knit loving family. Your pictures and writing seem to radiate this. Do you have anything you would ascribe this closeness to?1I'm not really sure what to attribute my families closeness too. We've always been quite close. The main thing I can think of is the way we grew up. We grew up on a small farm in south Georgia, we were each other's friends as well as family. We didn't have any neighbors for many years until we were older and moved into town. So we started off close. Life was an adventure. I took my sisters and brother's on many adventures of imagination as a kid. Another thing I would attribute the closeness to is our mother. We all love our mother very much and she loves us. Family has always been important to me.

2. Early on in one of your blogs you spoke about breaking steroetypes. What steroetype would you most like to break? I've looked back in happiness at all I've been through and all my experiences. I'm recounting my experieces to try and break some gay stereotypes. That we are not all unhappy. I want to reflect the joy and total fulfillment of my experieces. I want people to know that being gay and finding love is possible. We meet the problems of everyday living and find ways to establish trust and love. I want this to be a record for whomever to read after I'm gone: of my exhistance-my gayness. I want them to know about coming out, gay relationships, and mostly of love. I've always wanted to leave something of myself, so here is my attempt. Also I've noticed in movies and television shows they are stereotypes. I love the show Will and Grace, but to me they are the stereotypical gay person. I like that Brokeback Mountain showed a new side and didn't stereotype. One day I think a gay love story will make it to the screen and it won't have a sad ending to it. I'm ready for a happy ending.

3. In the images of you and Mike together, there is an intimacy that is very tangible. (In truth its makes my heart ache for something I can only right now imagine). Was that intimacy there from the start, or did it develop over time? With Mike and I there was a certain intimacy between us from the start. From the first time I laid eyes on him. But that intimacy has contiued to grow overtime. At times I think he's more intimate than me. He's very touchy and I'm a little withdrawn. I'm more to show intimacy in our private time when it's just the two of us. He's more intimate while we are out.

4. If you could could teach Autumn, Eli and Ethan, one pearl of wisdom about life, what would it be? The future of every individual is closely related to the impressions and influences experienced during childhood and youth. If children and young people are brought up in a climate where their enthusiasm is stimulated with higher feelings, they will be vigorous in mind and display good morals and virtue. A pearl of wisdom that I would want to instill in Autumn, Eli, and Ethan would be an oldie. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Another big one is that we ourselves hold the key to happiness, it cannot be found through anything outside ourselves, a lesson that I am still learning. People or things can't stop our pain or heal us. It is up to us. All change is left up to us and begins there.
5. I believe I am accurate in saying you have a relationship with God. How do you respond to someone who claims a Homosexual offender will not inherit the kingdom of god?
Wow guy you are asking some good questions. I know many gay people have turned away from God because they feel that they can no longer worship him because of their homosexuality or they have not come out to their family, because they are not comfortable with it. People are torn between their feelings. Not being able to go on or to have a Christian relationship. It is hard enough to reconcile our homosexuality because of what we were taught hen we were growing up. My God doesn't show favorttism first off. The God I worship looks at your heart, not the outward appearance. In the body of Christ we are all one. I also have studied Jesus teachings and there is nowhere in the bible where Jesus says anything on this subject. His main teaching was "love one another", and this is what I try my best to do. I could write on this subject for a while. But I don't think of myself loving another man as a sin. God knows my heart and he is the only one that can judge me. No other man can judge me. I've had my share of hatred in religion. I grew up in a small south Georgia baptist church. And I heard so much hatred. But I didn't let it break me. I have always known my heart and continue my walk. I found a great church with the UCC church. Jesus didn't turn people away, and neither do I.
http://www.stillspeaking.com/news/
If I am to be judged I want to be judged by my love.


Want to play?The Official Interview Games Rules:If you want to participate, leave me a comment below saying, "interview me".I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
posted by DEREK @ 8:51 AM |

5 comments

<< Home