Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Quote from Hawthorne


"No man, for any considerable period of time, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the truth."
----Nathanial Hawthorne

Do you ever confuse the truth about yourself with a facade? I keep telling myself I have what it takes. I want a deeper knowing though, there is knowledge about and knowledge of, when it comes to the two I think it is the latter we need more of. Sound to me I'm still trying hard to find the real me. I know I'm here. I was thinking the other day, how close to the real me is this journal, I think if some people who read my journal that really know me, may be surprised I have all this in me, I've got diffrent sides to me. Usually I'm a pretty quiet person, but there is always something going through this big taterhead of mine. Mostly I'm thinking of who I am, and where do I go with this question, well I write in my journal, I pray. I know my true name can never be taken away fom me. There is something very deep in my heart. I know where I've come from, I like to say I know where I'm going, but that's not all together true. I'm still being tested every day, I'm not that crazy about tests either. I know I have to face my Enemy. Wow where is this coming from, kind of scares me again. Am I still becoming a man? I wrote this a while back, I go back and read it today, and realize I'm still asking myself the same question.
posted by DEREK @ 6:16 AM |

2 comments

<< Home